This July 4th was not a long weekend, but it was for us !! As Shweet's summer camp was closed I had to take off. Planned a lot of activities but ended up just eating and sleeping. Perfect way to get out of the hectic schedule. So as usual kids are hyper active and always wants something or other. Now the second one has turned one and he knows his rights.He wants everything that shweets has. Love to see them fight for the remote, mini car and what not. On the other hand when the big one asks for a hug or kiss the lil one runs to give her one. Priceless moments.
The big cute sister has a sweet tooth and always wants something chocolatey. After lunch around 3.30-ish she comes to me saying mama I'm hungry. When I asked want she wanted her choice was the mug cake or the small cake as she calls it. As it is easy to make and also hardly takes about 5 minutes from pantry to the table, I said yes. I was in no mood to make something elaborate. Mug cakes are instant way to treat yourself when you feel down. Makes no sense but it truly makes you feel good. Anything that has nutella is always welcome and we love it anytime !!
Preparation Time : 3 minutes
Cooking Time : 2 minutes
Serves : 1 (2 incase you are ready to share)
All Purpose Flour/Maida - 4 tbsp
Sugar - 4 tbsp
Nutella - 2 tbsp
Vegetable Oil - 3 tbsp
Milk - 4 tbsp
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 1 tbsp
Egg - 1 no
Vanilla extract - 2 drops
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Select a big microwavable mug like the one shown in picture.
- Place the egg outside for somethime so that it reaches room temperature.
- Collect all the required ingredients from the pantry so that you dont forget anything.
- In the microwave safe mug, break the egg and mix it with a fork.
- Add the sugar, oil, cocoa powder, milk, nutella to the egg and mix well.
- Next add the baking powder followed by the flour and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Cook in microwave for about 2 minutes until the edges become fudgy. Remove from microwave and allow it to cool down.
- Enjoy the instant nutella cake with some whipped cream or chocolate sauce or icecream.
- Each microwave performs differently, mine took 1 minute 40 seconds. Do not over cook. when you allow the cake to cool down, it cooks more so take it out at the right time.
- When you microwave, the cake rises above the mug, do not panic it will get down when you remove it from the oven.
- If interested throw in some chocolate chips on top.