I really can't believe that it has been 4 years I started the blog. Last month I had celebrated the blog birthday. I'm happy that I was able to keep the blog going on midst of all the things going on in my life. Coming to the recipe normally we make dry curry when have our regular meals. Cauliflower has been one of our favorite vegetable. I make the cauliflower masala or the dry curry. Kids prefer the dry version and enjoy it with sambar rice or rasam rice.
Cauliflower dry curry is a simple and comfort dish which makes our regular lunch interesting. I love to make this dry curry not only because of the taste also because it is easy to chop this vegetable. I normally cook the vegetable with little salt before adding to the masala. This helps in faster cooking. You can also add garam masala to the curry if you like the flavor. This will give enhance the taste. Do try to make this dry curry and let me know how it tasted !!
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Serves - 2 - 4
Cauliflower - 1 no
Onion - 1 no
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - as per taste
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into medium size florets.
- Add florets to a vessel and add water enough to immerse the florets add little salt. Cook for five minutes and drain the florets from water and keep aside.
- Chop the onion lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a kadai/wok.
- Add the mustard and allow it to splutter and then add the cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped onions and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute in low flame
- Next add the chilly powder, turmeric powder in low flame. Do not allow the powders to get burnt.
- Next add the half cooked florets and little salt. Mix well until the powders are coated onto the cauliflower.
- In medium flame cook the cauliflower until it is fully cooked.
- When it is fully cooked, increase the heat and cook in high flame to make it dry.
- Serve hot as side dish with rice.
- Do not allow the chilly and turmeric powders to get burnt. Reduce the flame before adding the powders.
- Adjust the chilly powder according to your desired spice level.
- Increasing the heat in the end to make the stir fry dry.