Pineapple Kesari is an easy sweet that can be prepared in a jiffy. The recipe is very much similar to the original kesari recipe apart from the addition of pineapple. Usually this kesari is served in yellow color but when I was ready to prepare the dish I could not find it in my pantry so just managed without it. Taste wise being a pineapple lover I liked it a lot. Do try and let me know how it turned out. Thanks again for all the love and support for the blog !!
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Serves - 4
Rava/Semolina - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 1/2 cup
Pineapple Chunks - 1/2 cup
Cashews - 8 - 10 no
Raisins - 5 - 8 no
Yellow Food Color - 1 pinch (optional)
Ghee - 3 tbsp
Cardamom Powder - 1 pinch
- Break the cashews into small pieces.
- Measure the rava, sugar, water and keep them ready.
- Mix one pinch of the yellow food color in 1 tsp of water and keep aside.
- In a non stick pan, heat 1 tsp of the ghee and fry the cashews until it turns golden brown.
- Next in the same pan fry the raisins until they are bulged. It takes only few seconds.
- In the same pan next add 1 tbsp of ghee, rava and roast until aroma rises, roughly 3 - 4 minutes in medium flame.
- In parallel, add the water to a vessel and when it starts to boil add the pineapple chunks and boil for about 5 minutes so that the pineapple will become soft.
- Add the boiling water along with the softened pineapple to the roasted rava and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- The rava will absorb all the water quickly keep stirring. At this stage add the food color.
- When the rava is cooked, add the sugar and stir. Slowly start adding the remaining ghee while stirring.
- The sugar melts and will help the rava to cook further.
- Next add the cardamom powder, fried cashews, raisins and stir until the kesari leaves the sides forms a big mass. Switch off the stove and serve warm.
- Add the sugar only after the rava is cooked. This helps to get the right consistency.
- Adjust sugar according to your preference. If you like extra sweetness add 1 or 2 tbsp of more sugar.
- Yellow food color is the most used color for this dessert. I did not have yellow food color handy so I just used very little orange food color.