After a fun filled long weekend it was a dull and not so interesting day. We had super fun at the Florida beaches.Totally enjoyed the para sailing, dolphin watch, snorkeling wow it was a blast.These kind of relaxing breaks are needed for us once in a while to cope up with all the hectic schedules. It was not a planned outing and everything was booked on the go but turned to be good.
Though I prepared some new dishes today I wanted to post the paneer dish from my draft as the end date for the paneer event is nearing I wanted this one to go first !I had prepared Kadai Panner for our anniversary dinner and served it with paratha's.It is a simple and a flavorful North Indian dish which goes well with all kind of Indian flat breads. I used homemade paneer to make this dish and it turned out to be too good. Making all the store bought items like paneer, bread at home is so cool.Thanks to blogging !!!
Paneer - 10 - 12 cubes
Bell pepper - 1 no
Onion - 2 no medium size
Tomato - 2 no medium size
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Kasoori Methi Leaves - 1 tbsp
Butter - 1/2 tbsp
Cardamom - 3 no
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Chop the bell pepper similar to the size of the cubed paneer.
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add onion and saute until onion turns translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook until it's raw smell is gone in low flame.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until it is mushy.
- Add the chilly powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Once the mixture is cooked well and oil oozes out turn off heat and allow it to cool and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Heat butter add the cardamom, followed by the ground mixture.
- Add the bell pepper and allow it to cook.
- When the bell pepper is half cooked add the paneer cubes and the kasoori methi leaves and mix well.
- Cook for additional 5 - 7 minutes.
- Serve hot with flat bread of your choice.
- Increase the quantity of butter if preferred.
- If you are in a hurry just skip the grinding part and make it like a coarse mixture by cooking in medium flame.
It is also sent to the Show me your curry event hosted by Divya of Dilse.