Celebrations are times which we really look forward and enjoy. We had celebrated our Wedding Anniversary last week and enjoyed the day to the fullest.Temple visit followed by a lunch in one of our favorite restaurants lightened the day. To add pep to the evening I baked this Chocolaty Cake. Shweets enjoyed helping me bake the cake. It was real fun and enjoyed our evening with cakes, clicks and music.
I wanted to make a simple and tasty cake because I did not want to spend time on elaborate cakes and miss the evening fun.Googled some for some cakes and got hooked to this simple chocolate cake in Hershey's Kitchen. Looked simple and moreover I had all the required ingredients what else to wait for !!Cake turned out to be super moist and yummy. Shweets finished 2 big pieces in no time and was ready for the third piece. I'm not a big cake eater just managed to have a small piece and I loved it too. Bake Eat Enjoy !!
Ingredients for the Cake
All-purpose flour 1 3/4 cup
Sugar - 2 cups
Cocoa powder - 3/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Eggs - 2 no
Milk - 1 cup
Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
Water - 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Boil the 1 cup water.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes and then remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
Butter - 1 stick
Cocoa powder - 2/3 cup
Icing sugar - 3 cups
Milk - 1/3 cup
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Method for Chocolate Frosting
- Melt butter and cool it.
- Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Makes bout 2 cups of chocolate frosting.
- Place the first cake layer on a cake plate and slowly spread the frosting with a knife on the top surface.
- Place the 2nd layer on top of it and spread the frosting on all sides and smooth the surface.
- I halved the above mentioned ingredients and made a single layer cake.
- I had decorated with some chocolate sprinkles and strawberries. All kind of decorating items are available in the stores.