We had BBQ followed by a movie on Friday which went till 3 in the morning. Obviously all the routines got disturbed and we did not get the cake that we had promised for Shweets. Unfortunately she remembered it and started to cry. Thought of some quick microwave cake and made her do all the mixing. She enjoyed making and eating the cake. As it was a quick fix I did not frost the cake just topped it some chocolate syrup I think it would be good with some ice-cream on top.
It was a good one. Instead of the cocoa powder you can also try it out with the coffee powder and call it Coffee Walnut Cake.I made two small cakes with the below ingredients and hardly took 5 min. Microwave cooking turns out to be interesting !!!
This easy breezy Choco Walnut Cake makes it way to Aparna's No Bake Cake event
Sending this to Microwave Easy Cooking - Favorites event hosted by PJ of Seduce Your Tastebuds originally started by Srivalli.
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Walnut - 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Oil - 1 tsp
- Coarsely chop the walnuts and place in microwave for about 20 secs.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the milk,vanilla extract, oil to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the nuts and stir until smooth.
- Spray little oil in a bowl of your choice and fill upto two-third as the cake will rise.
- Microwave for about 1 to 1 1/2 min.
- Serve warm with any topping of your choice.