Carrot Rice is one my childhood favorites When my Mom packs this for lunch then we used eagerly wait for the lunch break more than me..my friends would. I get reminded of my Mom whenever I cook this dish. It has a subtle taste and great kid friendly dish. I served this for lunch and Shweets asked mommy where is the chicken thinking it to be Briyani :-). It can be prepared very quick and is good with or without side dish.
One happy news I wanted to share is My Blog has been featured in the Finest Foodie Friday !!!! at Foodie Blogroll...Check out here.. Thank you Leftover Queen and Foodie Blogroll..I'm really flattered !!!!!
This Vegetarian Rice dish is a combination of rice and grated carrots with mild seasoning and it enters my First Event Celebrating MOM.
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Grated Carrot - 2 cup
Onion - 1 nos
Green Chilly - 1 no
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Cashew - 5 nos
Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 no
Cardamom - 2 nos
Bay leaf - 1 no
Salt - for taste
Ghee - 2 tsps
- Wash and soak rice for 10 min.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add cinnamon, cardamom,bay leaf,cashews.
- Add onions cut lengthwise,mint leaves and saute well.
- Add ginger garlic paste,green chilly, salt and saute well.
- Once raw smell is gone. Add the chilly powder and mix well.
- Add the grated carrot and sprinkle little water and allow it to cook.
- Once the carrot is half cooked, Add required water (for 1 cup rice add 1.5 cup of water) and allow it to boil.
- Add rice,sprinkle lemon juice and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve Hot.