I had read this recipe from a tamil magazine long time ago. When I get good quality green beans I stock it and will make this recipe for sure as Shweets loves it a lot. MK advises me not to use grated coconut in vegetable curries hmmm health conscious..but will always request Mutton Biriyani for Sunday lunch. I really donno the logic behind that. Anyways this curry is very tasty and goes along well with Sambar and Rasam rice.
Beans Curry is a easy to make vegetarian side dish for rice items. Chopped beans is mildly seasoned and tossed with roasted gram powder.
Beans - 1/2 lb
Onion - 1 no
Roasted gram 1/2 cup
Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Urid Dal - 1/2 tsp
Salt for taste
Oil -2 tsp
- Wash and cut the beans into small pieces.
- Heat oil, add the mustard followed by the urid dal in medium flame.
- Add chopped onion , curry leaves and saute until onion turns translucent.
- Add the beans ,salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder and mix well.
- Add little water and allow the vegetable to cook.
- Grind the roasted gram (pottu kadalai) into a coarse powder.
- Once it is cooked (do not over cook) add the roasted gram powder and mix well.
- Cook for additional 3 min. Serve warm.