This week was filled with birthday parties. I simply love to attend birthday parties with Shweets. I love to see the kids who are so full of energy and just run around for the entire party time. Shweets with utmost care selects the gifts for her friends. You should see the expression on shweet's face when the birthday kid is super excited when the gift she gave is opened. Sometimes she even asks what they want for their birthday and I end up hunting for it. With almost one month left for her birthday she has already started to plan for her party. Actually I'm equally thrilled to host the parties for the kids. When you think of parties the most important thing are the refreshing drinks. Some refreshing pink and yum lemonade will give a true lift to a girl's party !!
Lemonades are simple, easy to make, and ofcourse refreshing. I like to make basic lemonade and once in a while give it a magic touch with fruit blends to make it even more refreshing. When I see tubs of strawberries sitting in the refrigerator then it is time to make some Strawberry Lemonade. You can check out my recipe for the Basic Lemonade here and a restaurant style Strawberry Mango Limonata here. You can also use sparkling water instead of water and give that extra pep. When you are feeling tired and need something to refresh yourself,do try this refreshing drink to beat the summer heat !!
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 5 minutes
Serves - 2
Lemons - 2 no
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Water for syrup - enough to immerse the sugar
Strawberry - 5 - 6 no
Cold water - as needed
Ice Cubes - as needed
- Roll the lemons on a hard surface with your palm so that it will yield more juice.
- Squeeze the lemons and collect juice, strain it through a strainer and keep aside.
- Wash, pat dry and hull the strawberries.
- Add sugar to a saucepan, add water just enough to immerse the sugar and heat the saucepan until the sugar completely dissolves and starts to boil.
- Allow the sugar syrup to cool down completely.
- Add lemon juice to the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Puree the Strawberries using a blender.
- To a shaker or air tight bottle, add the strawberry puree, add 1/4 cup of the lemon syrup and then shake well.
- Pour the mixture equally between 2 tall glasses.
- Add cold water until 3/4 of the glass.
- Add ice cubes and enjoy the refreshing, flavorful summer cooler.
- If you want your lemonade to be more sweeter increase the sugar syrup.
- You can prepare the lemon syrup and refrigerate it in a clean bottle.
- You can also use sugar substitutes instead of the sugar.
- Instead of cold water you can also use sparkling water.