Though spring has officially started still the weather keeps fluctuating here. But we are totally happy to see the sun staying out for long hours. Another important thing we start to get during this season are the mangoes. When you enter the wholesale stores you could see big trays of mangoes welcoming you on the door way. We have been picking one during our every visit and consuming it by all means. As I had mentioned in my earlier posts I simply love mangoes. As a kid I used to just live on mangoes the whole summer. I would just nibble on my food and and convince my Mom somehow I'm full at the dinner table. Once the table is cleared and they settle down in front of the TV I would slowly ask permission to have one mango. They would just yes because they know how much I love it.
Coming to recipe Mango Lassi is a popular summer drink in India. Yogurt or the thick curd is used to make creamy drink. Mangoes are available in plenty during the summer and people would love to have something ice cold during their shopping time. So we would have lot of juice shops around the street corners of popular shopping streets. Though I simply love Mangoes as is at times I would love to have this creamy drink. Enjoy this Creamy and Yummy drink and you will totally love it!!!
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Serves - 2 person
Ripe Mango (medium size) - 2 no
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 2 tsp
Ice cubes - 2 - 3 no(optional)
- Wash the Mango, Peel the skin and chop them into bite size pieces.
- Wash the blender jar and wipe clean.
- Add the mango pieces, yogurt, milk, sugar and ice cubes and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Reserve few mango pieces and slice them into thin slices and use as garnish.
- Serve chilled.
- Use milk from the refrigerator and skip adding ice cubes if you are giving it to kids.
- You can also use flavored yogurts.