Peanut butter has been on my to do list for a very long time now. I love peanuts but could not relate how it will taste as a spread. Peanut Butter is extremely popular in the United States. I have seen people not only using it as a spread for their bread, but using it as a dip for fruits and what not. Shweets will have a choice of peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch when they serve meat. She would not eat it and would say she does not like that and I started to send lunch from home when they had PBJ. This totally held me back from trying to make the peanut butter at home. But one of my friend had asked for this recipe and I wanted to try it when possible atleast for her sake. When I saw a Chocolatey version of the peanut butter then I thought it will taste something similar to Nutella and instantly tried it !!
Chocolate Peanut Butter is super easy to make. Will you believe it hardly took 5 minutes to whip up a spread that would last for the entire week, yes it did. When you make something like this at home kids usually like it and are thrilled. You can prepare and place it at room temperature. But I did place it in the refrigerator. It got slightly solidified but bringing back to room temperature made it easy to spread. If you do not have the time to bring it back to room temperature then just take out the amount of peanut butter you need and microwave for about 5 - 10 secs for it reach the spreadable consistency. You can enjoy it with your bread or use it as a dip for apples or any fruit for that matter. Choices are plenty use it as you wish.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Yields - About 1 cup of Chocolate Peanut Butter
Recipe adapted from here
Roasted Peanuts - 1 cup
Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Wash and dry the Food Processor bowl.
- Wash and dry an airtight bottle or any container to store the peanut butter.
- Add the roasted peanuts to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process on high power for about 2 minutes. The peanut first will get crushed, then powdered. At this stage add the chocolate chips, vanilla extract and continue to process on high power.
- The powdered peanuts will start to turn into a thick paste and then it will form a ball and finally the oil from the peanuts will be released and the peanut butter will become thinner.
- When the peanut butter reaches the consistency which took about 5 minutes totally, Transfer the peanut butter to a clean, dry and airtight bottle.
- I used roasted, slightly salted peanuts. You can also use honey roasted, unsalted peanuts.
- If you do not have the food processor, you can also use your mixer jar for grinding.
- I refrigerated the butter and because of the chocolate it got hardened. You leave it in room temperature for 15 - 20 minutes to get softened or take the need amount in a small cup and microwave for about 10 seconds to reach spreadable consistency.
- You can use it as a spread or dip for your favorite breads.