Hope everyone out there are having a wonderful time. This holiday season is most awaited by everyone especially kids for the gifts from Santa. With all that fun times over now we are getting prepared for the New Year. Everyone should be busy planning for the New Year party menu. This Restaurant style Egg Fried Rice is surely a Party Recipe which will get get you some rave reviews. Make sure you serve it piping hot !!
I simply love fried rice that too Egg Fried Rice with a spicy Chilly Chicken is all time favorite. The lovely combination of vegetables, steaming hot rice and peppery egg is something that cannot be missed. Everyone would have a recipe they would love to order only in restaurants and comment it cannot be made exactly the way they do it. This surely is not true. Go ahead and try this and enjoy some restaurant style food at home !!
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Serves - 4
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Eggs - 4 no
Onion - 1 no
Carrot - 1 no
Cabbage - 1/4 no
Spring Onion - 4 sprigs
Green Pepper (Capsicum) - 1 no
Red Pepper (Capsicum) - 1 no
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Pepper powder - 2 tbsp
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Salt as needed
- Cook the basmati rice with 1 tsp of cooking oil so that the grains are separate. If using rice cooker use 1:2 rice to water ratio. If using pressure cooker use 1:1.5 ratio.Cool the rice.
- Julienne(cut into thin long strips) the onion, carrot, green pepper, red pepper and cabbage. Chop the white part of the spring onion into circles and the green part into medium size strips.
- In a big skillet heat 2 tbsps olive oil. Add the onions and saute well for about a minute. Add required salt.
- Next add the carrot,white part of the spring onion, cabbage, green pepper, red pepper one after the other in high flame. Do not allow the vegetable to get overcooked they have to be crunchy.
- In a separate pan heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil and break open the eggs directly into the pan in medium heat. Add required salt and 1 tbsp pepper powder and saute well. When the egg reaches pale yellow color remove from flame and keep aside.
- Next add the pepper powder to the vegetable mixture, soy sauce and mix everything together.
- At this stage add the cooked rice and mix everything together. Add the green part of the spring onion.Do not saute too much, it will break the rice.
- Add the scrambled egg into the rice mixture and mix well.
- Serve Hot with spicy side dish or just tomato ketchup.
- Do not overcook the vegetables. It will make the veggies lose color.
- You can also use white pepper powder.
- Everything has to be done on high flame and quickly to get that restaurant touch.
- Do serve it piping hot else the rice will lose the original taste.