Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween. We had a good time trick-or-treating. Shweets was dressed up as Love bug and Jake as Cuddly Lion. Shweets was super excited and had loads of candies. We too enjoyed accompanying the kids. I was planning to make a Halloween special treat and but was very busy the whole week and did not get the time. Recently I had tasted Bread Pudding from a bakery and simply loved it wanted to tried it badly. The one I made was exactly like the one I tasted in the bakery and I simply loved it.
I used Italian Bread to make the pudding, any sweet bread should be fine for this pudding. This can be served as a dessert or even for breakfast with some warm milk. Do not skip the raisins it gives a wonderful taste and a different texture. You can skip the brown sugar and just use white sugar too. Kids will surely love it with some caramel sauce on top. If you have leftover bread and you are longing for a dessert surely try this and let me know !!
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Baking Time - 45 minutes
Yields - 8 X 8 square pan size
Recipe from here
Bread Slices - 6 no
Milk - 2 cups
Eggs - 4 no
White Granulated Sugar - 1/2 cup
Light Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
Raisins - 1/2 cup
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Unsalted Butter - 2 tbsp
- Prepare the pan by slightly applying butter on it and the sides of the pan.
- Melt the butter and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Beat the eggs and keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 degrees C). Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Break the bread into small pieces and place the pieces in the pan.
- Drizzle the melted butter on top of the bread pieces.
- Sprinkle the raisins on top of the bread pieces.
- In a medium size bowl mix the milk, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, beaten eggs together.
- Pour the liquid mixture on top of the bread pieces.
- With a fork slightly press the bread pieces so that they are fully immersed.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the center springs back when lightly tapped.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- After the pudding is completely cooled down refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours and then slice and serve.
- Do not skip the raisins it gives a unique taste.
- Slice only after cooling it down and refrigerating the pudding.
- Serve with caramel sauce or warm milk.
- If you do not like the brown edges of the bread remove them before making into small pieces.