No Kidding this Chocolate Cake is super easy to make. I always prefer mess free baking and this is my type of recipe. You just need one bowl and a spatula. Mix all the ingredients together and bake, simple as that. You can directly serve it from the pan or invert and serve. Lately I'm trying a lot eggless recipes and this one is truly a winner. The cake was super moist and was great as a snack. As we planned it as a quick snack we did not do any frosting just dusted with some powdered sugar and thoroughly enjoyed it. The kids loved it and I hardly got around 10 minutes to click the pictures :(
Shweets as always was super excited about the cake. She was so happy because the cake was super easy to make. She was eagerly waiting in front of the oven and watching the timer. She could not wait for the cake to cool down completely. I had to cut it before it cooled down so you could see some crumbs. But if you be patient and wait, your cake will be super perfect. You can prepare a chocolate frosting in pouring consistency and just pour over the cooled down cake and you can enjoy !!
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Baking Time - 30 minutes
Yields - 8 X 8 square cake
Recipe from here
All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
White Granulated Sugar - 1 cup
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 3/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Warm Water - 1 cup
Lemon Juice/Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Vannila Extract - 1 tsp
Unsalted Butter - 5 tbsp
- Prepare the cake pan by lining the bottom with parchment and applying butter on it and the sides of the pan.
- Melt the butter and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder into a large bowl.
- Next add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice/vinegar into the warm water and mix well
- Pour the water mixture into the flour mixture.
- Add the melted butter into the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Tap the cake pan on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- After the cake is completely cooled down slice and serve.
- This cake can be served from the cake pan or inverted into a serving plate and then served.
- You can frost the with a simple frosting or just dust some powdered sugar or cocoa powder and serve.
- If you are planning to serve directly from the pan you can skip greasing the bottom of the pan.