After one lazy week, life is getting hectic again. Already we have started to look forward for the next long weekend which is like days away. Kids usually get easily adapted to any situation they are super excited about school at the same time they love the holidays. Wish someday I could think like that. Shweets was even praying to god that her school should reopen soon as she is getting bored. Me on the other hand was carefully watching the weather channel to make sure that a holiday would be declared.
Hot Cocoa is usually related to winter or rainy days. For us there is no such rule, when we feel like having one we do. It is easy to make and requires no special skills. I totally love making effortless recipes. One thing I look for is how easy it is to make it and next most important thing is how easy it is to clean the after mess. For this I just used my coffee mug so no big mess which I love. Always use a tall mug else you might end up cleaning the microwave. Hot Cocoa is one wonderful drink which you can enjoy when you are really in a mood for some self pampering. Enjoy !!
Preparation Time - 1 min
Cooking Time - 1 min 30 seconds
Serves - 1 person
Recipe from here
Milk - 1 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 1 1/2 tsp
White Sugar - 1 tsp
Brown Sugar - 1 tsp
Vanilla Extract - 1/4 tsp
dash of salt
- To a microwave safe coffee mug add the white sugar, brown sugar, salt and cocoa powder.
- Add 1 tbsp of the cold milk and stir well until smooth.
- Add remaining milk and microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Serve hot with biscuits or muffins.
- Instead of a single serving, you can make it for a large group by mixing the needed sugars, cocoa powder, salt with little milk and water until smooth. Add milk and heat upto serving temperature and serve.
- You can top the hot cocoa with marsh mallows or whipped cream which I did not try, as I like my cocoa as is.
- If you like your drink frothy, carefully whisk before serving.