Happy Independence Day everyone !!! Independence day always reminds me of the school days and the Independence day parade. So it will be like one month of practice of the parade. I was even part of the guides and road safety patrol. Dad would drop me at school everyday by 5 am for my parade practice. From school all of us with our PE teacher would take a bus and reach the ground for the pratice. After that we used to come back and attend school. I used to love all that and have real good memories of those days.
Coming to the recipe, I simply love fried rice with a spicy gobi manchurian. So not spicy, loads of vegetables, steaming hot rice makes it a super fun lunch or dinner recipe. I used to normally order the vegetable fried rice when I go restaurants when I was a kid. It is one of a family favorite recipe. This simple and quick rice is surely a keeper !! Do try out this Independence Day special tricolor Vegetable Fried Rice.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Serves - 4
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
White Onion - 1 no
Carrot - 1 no
Beans - 10 no
Green Peas - handful
Spring Onion - 4 sprigs
Green Pepper - 1/2 no
Red Pepper - 1/2 no
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Green Chilly Sauce - 1 tbsp
Red Chilly Sauce - 1 tsp
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Salt as needed
- Cook the basmati rice with 1 tsp of cooking oil so that the grains are separate. If using rice cooker use 1:2 rice to water ratio. If using pressure cooker use 1:1.5 ratio.Cool the rice.
- Julienne(cut into thin long strips) the onion, carrot, green pepper, red pepper and green beans.
- Chop the white part of the spring onion into circles and the green part into medium size strips.
- In a big skillet heat the olive oil. Add the onions and saute well for about a minute. Add required salt.
- Next add the carrot,white part of the spring onion, green beans, green peas, green pepper, red pepper one after the other in high flame. Do not allow the vegetable to get overcooked they have to be crunchy.
- Next add the green chilly sauce, red chilly sauce, soy sauce and mix everything together.
- At this stage add the cooked rice and mix everything together. Add pepper powder.
- Add the green part of the spring onion.Do not saute too much, it will break the rice.
- Serve Hot with spicy side dish or just tomato ketchup.
- Do not overcook the vegetables. It will make the veggies lose color.
- You can also use white pepper powder.
- Everything has to be done on high flame and quickly to get that restaurant touch.