All the luxuries of summer is coming to a close. With only one left for the schools to re-open it is really precious times which we do not want to miss. Shweets is entering kindergarten this year and she is super excited about it. She is all set with her new stuff and ready to start. Hope that excitement stays the next 17 years. Jake is so venturing new things every week. This week he started to say abc's and 123's so cute. He also says "I know" whenever we ask him something with a sarcastic look. Kids these days are super sharp, no doubt.
Coming to the Strawberry Mango Limonata, this recipe is inspired by the famous Italian chain restaurant "Olive Garden". Though I did not taste it in the restaurant. Their menu said what all went into this wonderful summer cooler. I badly wanted to try out this drink after I had prepared the basic lemon syrup. With the exotic flavors from strawberry, Mango, freshness from the lemon made the drink a big hit. I loved it and would recommed to anybody who is in search of a refreshing summer drink.
Preparation Time - 10 min
Cooking Time - 5 min
Serves - 6
Lemons - 5 - 6 no
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Water for syrup - 1 cup
Strawberry - 13 - 15 no
Ripe Mango - 1 no
Cold water - as needed
Ice Cubes - as needed
- Roll the lemons on a hard surface with your palm so that it will yield more juice.
- Squeeze the lemons and collect about 1 cup of juice, strain it through a strainer and keep aside.
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries and mango.
- Hull The strawberries. Chop the mango into cubes after removing the skin.
- Heat the sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan until the sugar completely dissloves and starts to boil.
- Allow the sugar syrup to cool down completely.
- Add 1 cup of lemon juice to the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Puree around 10 Strawberries and the mango cubes using a blender.
- To a shaker or air tight bottle, add 2 tbsp of the strawberry mango puree, add 1/4 cup of the lemon syrup and then shake well.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass add cold water until 3/4 of the glass.
- Cut the remaining strawberries into thin slices and drop about 4 to 5 slices per glass.
- Add ice cubes and enjoy the refreshing, flavorful summer cooler.
- If you want your lemonade to be more sweeter instead of 3/4 cup sugar, add 1 cup of sugar.
- You can prepare the lemon syrup and refrigerate it in a clean bottle.
- You can also use sugar subsitutes instead of the sugar.
- Instead of cold water you can also use sprite or soda