Climate is so unpredictable in this part of the US. It is burning hot in the morning and it is raining heavily in the afternoon. Whatever may be the climate we have our own ways to enjoy it.Summer time is the perfect time to enjoy all kind of drinks. Simple and Refreshing Lemonade is one drink you cannot miss having during summer. I know lemonade is so simple squeeze a lemon, add sugar, water and drink. But preparing lemonade with homemade lemon syrup is so different. You do not have to stir endlessly to get the sugar dissolved or mess your kitchen everytime you want a drink.
With all that being said do not panic, making lemon syrup is equally simple. You can refrigerate the syrup and use it whenever you want. I was so tempted to prepare one glass of the lemonade for me when I was clicking the pictures. It was refreshing and perfect to our taste. Shweets sneaked in and took a few sips too. She liked it a lot and has asked to prepare pink lemonade. Making these kind simple recipes makes shweets super excited as she can help me or pretend to help me. Now that we love this you got to try this super refreshing lemonade to beat the heat.
Preparation Time - 10 min
Cooking Time - 5 min
Serves - 6
Lemons - 5 - 6 no
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Water for syrup - 1 cup
Cold Water - 3 - 4 cups
- Roll the lemons on a hard surface with your palm so that it will yield more juice.
- Squeeze the lemons and collect about 1 cup of juice, strain it through a strainer and keep aside.
- Heat the sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan until the sugar completely dissloves and starts to boil.
- Allow the sugar syrup to cool down completely.
- Add 1 cup of lemon juice to the sugar syrup and mix well.
- In a tall glass pour 1/4 cup of the lemon syrup and add cold water until 3/4 of the glass. Add ice cubes, throw in a lemon wedge and enjoy the refreshing lemonade.
- If you want your lemonade to be more sweeter instead of 3/4 cup sugar, add 1 cup of sugar.
- You can prepare the lemon syrup and refrigerate in a clean bottle. Prepare the lemonade whenever needed using the refrigerated lemon syrup.
- You can also use sugar subsitutes instead of the sugar.