Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I had a great day with my sweet hearts. Shweets bought a potted plant decorated all over and Jake got a card with his picture..muaahhh. It is a very nice experience to feel all their love and excitement. Simply felt like eating them up. Planned to make a lot of things and ended up doing nothing. It happens when you have so many things on your plate. One down and there are so many things to come, this month we are super busy with the kids birthdays and other programs. I'm happy that our check list is shrinking but yet I have a lot more things to do !!
Coming to the recipe , cooking on a griddle is one thing we have started with full swing. We use less oil, food cooks evenly and quickly. What else do you need. I totally stopped deep frying the fish. This is a simple and yummy way to cook the Salmon or any firm fish. Salmon has low mercury content and it is rich in omega-3 and it is pretty much suitable for any type of cooking style. You can try this low fat version and let me know how it tasted.
Salmon Fish/or any fish - 8 - 10 fillets
Olive Oil/or any oil - For Cooking the fish
Chilly Powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 3 tsp
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Salt for taste
- Rinse the fish under cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a small cup mix the chilly powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, salt, lemon juice and oil into a paste.
- Apply the prepared paste onto the salmon fish fillets until it is coated well. Marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Spray olive oil on a electric griddle or tawa on stove top in medium flame.
- When the griddle/tawa is ready, lay the fish fillets on it and spray olive oil on top.
- Cook the fish for about 5 minutes and then flip over to the other side with a spatula.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until fish is firm.
- Place the fish fillets onto a plate with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve Hot.
- Cooking the fish with less oil on a griddle/tawa is a low fat and healthy option rather than deep frying.
- You can try this with any fish which is suitable for frying like Tilapia or King Fish.
- Adjust spice level according to your taste.