This week is kind of boring for me !! How about you all how is this week treating you. No big surprises at work and same old routine. I thought of making it interesting and started to plan for Shweets birthday which is next month. Now she is all big and says "Why do you have to invite your friends to my birthday, it should be celebrated with my friends" ok that makes sense. So this time it is going to be a kids only party with cake and pizza. Shweets already has made a list of friends she is planning to invite. I think boys of her age never bother about birthday's atleast that's what I hear. It is just another day. So next three weeks will be super exciting with all the party planning !!
Coming to the recipe, Thai cuisine is one of our favorite choice apart from the Indian food we love. We try lot of the recipes and this red curry is always a big hit. It is simple to make and tastes so good. We had made the red curry with chicken and always pure vegetarian and wanted to try our hands with the fishes. It turned out well and we are defintely making it again. I'm sure what is the suthentic way of making this curry and did not bother to spend time on it. One of the comeents from Shweets was it is tasting like Thai restaurant food. That makes it all, try it and enjoy it !!
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Serves : 4
Fish - 1/2 lb
Eggplant - 1 no
Bell pepper - 1 no
Onion - 1 medium size
Green Chilly - 3 no
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
Thai Red Curry paste - 1 tbsp
Fish sauce - 1 tsp
Coconut milk - 1 can
Salt for taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Clean and cut the fish into medium size pieces.
- Clean and chop the vegetables into medium size pieces.
- Grind the green chillies into a smooth paste.
- Cut the onion length wise.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onion. Cook until it is translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, followed by the green chilly paste and saute well.
- Add the Thai Red Curry paste and give a quick mix.
- Add the fish pieces, chopped vegetables, salt and give a slight stir.
- Add the coconut milk and allow it to simmer
- Add the fish sauce and give a quick stir. Cook for additional 3 minutes
- Serve Hot with steaming white rice
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste.
- Choose fish that is suitable for gravy. I used Salmon fish.
- Vegetables mentioned here are the most suitable for this gravy.