Quiet times !!! I always love my quiet times. Job, kids, cooking, cleaning, laundry etc., makes me always think of the next task. Even I'm doing one, I have to plan for the next. So I relax during those silent times. Feeding Jake his favorite food when he is really hungry, cutting vegetables gazing the green grass outside, folding clothes when everyone else is sleeping are some things I love to do. Sipping a strong cup of Filter Coffee on a sunday afternoon can also be added to the list.
I'm not a big fan of coffee, that too in the US I totally stopped drinking it until I tasted this wonderful coffee from costco. It tastes exactly our South Indian filter coffee. More than drinking I love to prepare it for others. When Mom and Dad were here they loved it. If you are a ardent filter coffee fan and do not like the ones in the US you should try the Kirkland's dark supremo roast coffee. Strongly brewed coffee on a rainy day is something I love !!
Preparation Time : 20 min
Serves : 2
Coffee Powder - 2 tbsp
Hot water - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 3 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Preparation of decoction
- Add the coffee powder to the stainless steel filter's top portion and place the perforated stick slightly tight on the top.
- Heat the water until it is boiling.
- Carefully add the boiling water to the filter.
- Leave it aside for about 15 min.
- Decoction would be collected in the bottom portion of the filter.
- Heat the milk.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp of sugar to a serving stainless steel tumbler, add milk and mix well.
- Slowly add 2 tbsp of the decoction and mix well using another stainless tumbler so that coffee is frothy.
- Serve hot.
- The decoction has to be thick for better tasting coffee. So place the stick filter silghtly tight but do not press too hard.
- Adjust sugar level according to your taste. Coffee has to be slightly bitter
- Coffee has to be served very hot.