Holiday season has come to an end and now everything is back to square one.Getting back to routine is one of the most difficult things. That too Monday mornings are so bad, still not out of the weekend mood. Truly miss the holidays and the solid time we got to spend with the kids. You get time to cook different kinds of food during holidays. But now eating the same menu makes us feel even more bored. When we think of eating something different our first choice would be to have Thai food.
Thai Red Curry is an easy to make dish . I won't say this is an authentic recipe but I bet this is a fail proof recipe to impress your guests. Whenever we go the the Whole Foods market we never forget to buy Thai red curry paste and organic coconut milk. These are musts in our grocery list. If you adjust the spice level, kids will love it too. Steaming jasmine rice topped with this spicy curry will tickle your taste buds for sure. If you are bored with your regular dishes gives this a try, you will love this !!!!
Preparation Time : 10 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Serves : 4
Carrot - 2 no
Eggplant - 1 no
Bell pepper - 2 no
Mushrooms - 6 no
Onion - 1 medium size
Green Chilly - 3 no
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
Thai Red Curry paste - 1 tbsp
Fish sauce - 1 tsp
Coconut milk - 1 can
Salt for taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Clean and chop the vegetables into medium size pieces.
- Grind the green chillies into a smooth paste.
- Cut the onion length wise.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onion. Cook until it is translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, followed by the green chilly paste and saute well.
- Add the Thai Red Curry paste and give a quick mix.
- Add the chopped vegetables,salt and cook for about 3 min.Vegetables should not be overcooked.
- Add the coconut milk and allow it to simmer
- Add the fish sauce and give a quick stir. Cook for additional 3 mins
- Serve Hot with steaming white rice
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste.
- You can add some vegetable broth along with the coconut milk to enhance the taste and increase the quantity.
- Vegetables mentioned here are the most suitable for this gravy, you can add zuchinni.