It's time for something special. It's my 150th post. Finally I reached that mark. Yay me !!!! I reached 100 in 4 months and the next bunch has taken so much time. My regular readers would know the reason. I wanted to make something special, ofcourse special in my dictionary is surely something chocolatey. But did not have much of a time so ended up making these simple Chocolate Muffins. I always ask myself what is the difference between muffin and a cupcake. Is it just the frosting ?? No Idea need to google it. Muffins are totally my kind of food easy to make, takes less baking time and end result is awesome.
I got home early today and made these for Shweets. She liked it so much that she finished it in jiffy. She also got sweet scoldings from her dada for spilling the crumbs in the entire house. Whenever I saw her she had one in her hand. Did not want to restrict her on the count as I prepared it after a long time. Some kind of chocolate ganache on it would have pepped up the muffin but did not have the patience do it. The muffin as such was so good. Whatelse are you waiting for...Mix, Bake and Gobble.
Preparation Time - 10 min
Baking Time - 20 min
Yields - 12 Standard Size Muffins
All Purpose Flour - 1 3/4 cup
Eggs - 2 nos
Yogurt - 1 cup
Unsalted Butter - 1 stick
Vannila Extract - 2 tsps
Light Brown Sugar - 1 1/4 cups
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Semisweet Chocolate Bar - 1 no
- Prepare the muffin trays with muffin liners or vegetable oil spray.
- Coarsely chop the semisweet chocolate bars.
- Lightly beat the yogurt and keep aside.
- Melt butter and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix the eggs,butter, yogurt and vannila essence in a medium size bowl.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda,light brown sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate bars.
- Fill in the prepared muffin tray with 1 scoop of the batter or 2 spoons of batter filling only 3/4.
- Bake for about 20 min or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- As always do not overmix the mixture, overmixing leads to rubbery muffins.
- Do not overbake, overbaking leads to dry muffins.
- You can fold in some nuts to make a nutty muffin.