Lovely weather, lushy green grass, slight drizzle, amma's strong filter coffee and most importantly Jake having a sound sleep, perfect time for writing a post. So this has been another hectic week again. Moving to a new place is no joke. Unpacking and arranging is such a pain. One good thing about moving is we can just do a clean up. Atleast got rid 5 boxes of junk.I'm kind of getting settled in the new place, hunting a good daycare is one of most challenging job.When I want to leave my kid with somewhere I want it to be the best place. After days of research I found a good place. Happy that shweets liked it too.
Coming to the recipe. We were on a road trip to Lasvegas and Shweets was asking something called as "WALL BREAD". I did not understand what it meant and just got her a chocolate muffin in starbucks. When we were back at the hotel room she tried to explain to me and finally understood that she meant the Banana Walnut Bread. So I just promised to prepare once we get back home. With kids you have to keep up your promises else you end up answering their questions every 5 minutes. So ended up making this super moist, yummy banana bread. Unlike my previous versions, I prepared a low fat banana bread. It tasted so good. You got try it !!!!
Preparation Time : 15 min
Baking Time - 45 - 60 min
Yields - 1 9*5*3 Loaf
All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Egg - 1 no
Sugar - 1 cup
Olive Oil - 1/2 cup
Low fat Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Vannila Extract - 1/2 tsp
Banana - 3 ripe
Walnuts - 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup for the topping
- Coarsely chop the walnut into medium size pieces.
- Mash the banana into a smooth paste.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray into a 9*5*3 loaf pan.
- Blend the flour, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, olive oil and mashed banana.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg and banana mixture and mix well.
- Add the lowfat yogurt, vanilla extract and give a quick mix.
- Gently fold the 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan.
- Top the batter with the remaning 1/3 cup of walnuts.
- Bake for about 45 - 60 min or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Try replacing 1 cup of all purpose flour with whole wheat flour and enjoy a fiber rich bread.
- Baking time depends upon each oven. Mine took 60 min at 325 F.
- Olive oil can be replaced by vegetable or canola oil.