It's been a long long time since I had posted something in the blog. A hectic 6 week India trip, new project and other totally unavoidable situations were the culprits. I should admit, I really missed my blog and felt extremely guilty. There were times when I badly wanted to post something, but did not cook anything new. Now that I have the time, thought of making something sweet and simple.
When I was thinking of various sweets just got reminded of the Rava Ladoo Mom used to prepare. I used to help Mom during festval times...good old times. Never made these in recent times, always stuck to the ones from the famous sweet stall in India. This is one of the most easiest sweet I could think of which can be prepared in a jiffy.
Rava - 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cashews - 15 nos
Raisins - 15 nos
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Add 1/2 tsp ghee to a small kadai and roast the cashews until it is golden brown.
- In the same kadai roast the raisins for few seconds.
- Boil the milk and keep aside.
- Add remaning ghee into a medium size, heavy bottomed kadai and roast the rava until aroma rises.
- Transfer the roasted rava into a plate and add sugar, cashews, raisins, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add the warm milk to the mixture and make small balls out of it. Make sure each ball has cashew and raisins in it.
- Make sure to continuosly stir the rava else it might burnt.
- Carefully add the milk in small amounts, just enough to make the balls.
- Also we can completely avoid milk and use heated ghee to make the balls. This increases the shelf life of the Ladoos.