Did I choose the theme "Chocolaty Dreams" for my event just to indulge in some chocolate treats without much guilt. I'm wondering now..I prepared this lava cake some 2 weeks back and was very busy with all other stuff and forgot to upload the pictures. Yesterday I made it a point to do it as the event is nearing it's end date.Uploaded the pictures, drafted the post and was all set. Suddenly when I open my reader today it is filled with the Lava Cakes for sweet punch. So many cute cakes out there, I just cannot wait to post this chocolaty treat we thoroughly enjoyed !!
These cakes are simple and elegant cuties to which no one could say a no. A wonderful party dessert recipe. You can make these in muffin pans or in ramekins.You can pop these into the oven just when you start eating the main course so that it will be all set in the next 10 min and you have a super cool dessert with no hassles. If you are using ramekins you can directly serve them with topping of your choice or invert them in a plate and decorate with some sugar coated raspberries like I did.
Chocolate Bars - 8 oz
Eggs - 5 no
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Salt - a pinch
Flour - 4 tsp
Raspberries - for topping
- Cut the chocolate bars into bite size chunks.
- Line a standard-size muffin tin (1/2 cup capacity) with 8 extra-large muffin papers with papers extending above cups to facilitate removal and spray vegetable oil on the muffin papers or grease individual ramekins.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; remove from heat or microwave for about 1 minute.
- Beat eggs, sugar and salt with a hand mixer in a medium size bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Pour egg mixture into melted chocolate, butter mixture and beat until smooth.
- Mix in flour until just combined.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Divide batter among muffin cups or the greased ramekins.
- Bake until batter puffs but center is not set, 10 - 12 minutes. Carefully lift cakes from tin and set on a cooling rack.
- Pull papers away from cakes and transfer cakes to dessert plates or invert the cakes from the ramekins onto a dessert plate.
- Top each with sugared raspberries and serve immediately.
- This recipe was adapted from all recipes.com. According to it the batter can be prepared earlier and refrigerated. Batter Needs to be bought to room temperature before popping into the oven.
- Try different toppings. Fresh fruits is a very good choice.
Sending this delightful and Chocolaty treat to my own event Virtual Party - Chocolaty Dreams.
Please rush in your entries only 2 days left !!!!