Should confess that I'm getting too obsessed with blogging. I try to refresh my dashboard every now and then, checking for new recipes and to read all the wonderful comments. I'm not sure it is the way with all of you. It is a real good feeling when you have something of your own to share what you feel,cook and eat. The friends circle that is building out my blog makes me feel too good and other social networking sites are helping a lot. I see a lot food blogger meets going on and wish I could join them !!! With all the senti stuff going on I had prepared a flavorful chicken recently and would love to share it with you all.
Simply love to try different chicken varieties by adjusting ingredients or just remove usual ingredients and develop some flavorful side dishes. This is one such recipe. I did not use chilly powder or turmeric powder the spiciness is some from the pepper and red chillies. Loved the peppery chicken with aroma of the cardamom seeds and exotic flavor of the cumin seeds. Cook Eat Enjoy and have a great day !!
Chicken - 1/2 lb
Pearl onion - 15 - 20 no
Garlic Cloves - 4 no
Tomato - 2 no
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies - 5 - 7 no
Curry Leaves - 20 leaflets
Salt for taste
Oil - 2 tsp
For Spice Powder
Pepper Corns - 15 - 20 no
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 3 no
Cinnamon - 2 pieces
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cardamom - 2 no
- Wash and cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Finely chop the pearl onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- Dry roast pepper corns, cumin seeds and cardamom in medium flame for about 5 minutes and allow it to cool. Grind it to coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the cinnamon, fennel seeds and cardamom in medium flame.
- Add the onions, garlic and the curry leaves and saute well.
- Add the red chillies followed by the finely chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Once the tomatoes are well cooked and oil oozes out add the chicken and saute well.
- Add the ground powder to the chicken mixture and mix well so that the spice powder is well coated onto the chicken.
- Sprinkle little water and allow the chicken to cook.
- When the chicken is well cooked increase heat and dry it.
- Garnish with some fresh curry leaves and Serve Hot.
- In the absence of pearl onions use 2 medium sized onions.
- Adjust pepper level according to your taste.
- When increasing the flame make sure you don't burn the chicken.