This weekend is going to be busy one for me. I have a guest at home, a birthday party for which I promised to make some item and some trips. So obviously there a lot of things going on in my mind menu for the weekend, dress for the party and what not. I think a lot of dishes when I'm in the car after work. But when I reach home the sun is all down and I'm no mood to cook something new because I will not be able to take good pictures. So when I'm requested for a new dish I simply say "Wait till the Weekend" .
I prepared this White Bread 2 or 3 weeks back. Preparing homemade white bread was a different experience. I had not baked any bread with yeast till now and this was in the wish list for a long time. While baking the aroma of the bread filled my entire kitchen and was eager to eat a slice. It was too good with homemade Strawberry N Plum Jam. Shweets liked it a lot and always asks me to make them again. Though it is a long process the outcome made me happy. I'm surely making this again !!
Bread Flour - 3 cups
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Salt -1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Active Dry Yeast - 1 pack
Milk - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
- Place the water in the stove or microwave and heat it for less than 1 min until it is warm
- Similarly heat the milk until it is Luke warm.
- Grease a 9X5x3 loaf pan.
- Combine water, milk, sugar and yeast together in a large bowl.
- Keep aside till it becomes frothy.
- Add salt and oil to frothy mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour and knead while you add.
- Knead the dough for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rub the dough with oil and cover with clean towel for about a hour until dough is doubled in volume.
- Gently punch down the dough and shape it to a loaf in a floured surface.
- Place the shaped dough in the pan, cover it with a cling wrap and place it in a warm place for about a hour.
- Dough would have raised to rim of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Bake for about 35 min until crust turns brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 10 min and slice after it is completely cooled.
- Serve with jam or any other spread of your choice.
- Bread flour can be replaced with the All Purpose Flour.
- If the bread is browning to fast cover it with a loose aluminum foil after first 15 min.
- When the bread is warm brush it with melted butter for a softer crust.