Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Back to work...that's kind of boring, that too Monday is the most difficult day atleast for me.I still remember the childhood days when I used feel so bad on Mondays. We will be hunting for white ribbon, polishing canvas shoe, would run now then to the kitchen questioning mom on where she had left my stuff. Every Monday morning would be a big headache for my mom as I would make a fuzz to get up in the morning after sleeping till 10 during weekends. Good old childhood memories !!!! Now I have taken my Mom's place..
We normally reserve the special cooking to Sunday and I would always skip breakfast and will eagerly wait for the delicious lunch. Chicken is my favorite and I love almost all varieties. I had prepared Garlic Chicken for Sunday Lunch and we simply loved it. Garlic and Pepper lovers will surely like this one. Garlic Chicken is a flavorful and quickie and it turned out to be a wonderful sidedish. Cook Eat Enjoy !!!
Chicken - 1 lb (Boneless, Skinless)
Garlic Cloves - 15 - 20 no
Pearl Onions - 15 - 20 no
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Pepper Corns - 2 tsp
Curry Leaves - 20 leaflets
Oil - 2 tsp
Tomato - 1 no (Big)
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Soy sauce - 1 tsp
Salt for taste
Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 3 no
Cinnamon - 2 pieces
- Wash and cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Crush the garlic and pearl onion and pepper corns separately.
- Grind tomato into a smooth paste.
- Marinate the chicken with tomato paste, ginger garlic paste, chilly powder, turmeric powder,coriander powder, 1/2 tsp soy sauce and salt for about 30 min.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the seasoning items one after other in medium flame.
- Add crushed onion,garlic,curry leaves and little salt. Saute well until onion turns translucent.
- Add the marinated chicken, garam masala and saute well.
- Sprinkle little water and allow the chicken to cook.
- Once the chicken is 1/2 cooked, add remaining soy sauce, crushed pepper and saute well.
- Garnish with fresh curry leaves and Serve Hot.
- If pearl onion is not available use 2 medium size onions.
- Add little lemon juice before serving for a peppy taste.