In recent times I just fell in love with the Thai cuisine. We usually get bored after trying a particular cuisine for 2 or 3 times and then we think of switching. Anyways this does not happen with our Indian food. If we have some activity planned for the weekday evening then we decide not to cook or should I say we plan a activity so that we can eat outside the next day. At 12.00 we start messaging to decide the place. After much discussions we would finally opt the Thai restaurants around.
Thai cuisine has some fresh tasting and interesting recipes which I would love to try. I'm reading cookbooks on this cuisine and will surely come up with some dishes. Usually I order the Spicy Chicken Noodles with spice level as "HOT" and last time my noodles was not as hot as expected I had to add chilly flakes to it so next time planning to order the Native Thai version. This noodles cannot be branded as a authentic dish because I made it my way ! I did not add the fish sauce and replaced it with the soy sauce. It was too good !!!
Thai Rice Noodles - 3/4 pack
Chicken Breast - 1 no (Boneless, Skinless)
Eggs - 2 no
White Onion - 1 no
Bell Pepper - 1 no
Carrot - 1 no
Tomato - 1 no
Garlic clove - 2 no
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Chilly Flakes - 1 tsp (optional)
Pepper corns - 1 tsp
Soy sauce - 2 tsp
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Salt for taste
Oil - 2 tsp
- Boil water and little salt in a vessel and soak the rice noodles in it. Once noodles is cooked, drain the excess water and transfer to another big plate or Cook the rice noodles as per instructions in the pack.
- Chop the onions, bell pepper,carrot and tomato lengthwise.
- Finely chop the garlic and crush the pepper corns.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the onions and garlic and saute until it turns light brown.
- Add the chicken, salt, chilly powder, little water and saute well.
- Once the chicken in 3/4th cooked, add the bell pepper, carrot, tomato and stir fry.
- Add the eggs and scramble it followed by soy sauce, vinegar, crushed pepper and chilly flakes.
- When the vegetables and chicken mixture is cooked, add the cooked rice noodles and mix well.
- Saute until everything is mixed well. Serve Hot.
- Addition of chilly flakes will make it more spicier. Adjust accordingly.
- Instead of soy sauce, add the fish sauce to make it more authentic.