I had been planning to make these stuffed mushrooms for a long time. I always prefer the ones in Costco. They are big, fresh and perfect enough to make stuffed mushrooms.They are very cheap too. I wanted to start with an vegetarian version .I was thinking of some easy and healthy and just saw the big bag of spinach in my fridge..decided go with it along with some walnuts.
It was really good and I used very little oil which is a added advantage. It will be good treat for all mushroom lovers. A different party appetizer too. Planning to experiment with different stuffing's !!!
Sending this Monthly Mingle - Party Treats event hosted by Sara originally started by Meeta of What's for Lunch Honey
Big Mushroom - 8 - 10 nos
Spinach - 3 cups
Walnut - 1/2 cup
Grated Cheese - 2 tsp
White Onion - 1 no
Tomato - 1 no
Basil Leaves - 1 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
Nutmeg Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt for Taste
Olive Oil - 1 tsp
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems carefully.
- Wash and chop the spinach.
- Finely chop onion and tomatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray very little oil.
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the onion in medium flame and add the spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg and saute well.
- Add the walnuts followed by the tomato then add the dried basil leaves and mix well.
- Mound the stuffing into the mushroom caps and top each cap with little grated cheese.
- Place the caps on the prepared sheet leaving enough space between each of them.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and water oozes out of the mushroom caps.
- Serve warm with soup of your choice.
Had some stuffing left behind. Added some salt to pan and placed the caps on it and cooked for additional 3 - 4 minutes to ensure the mushroom had enough salt. Make sure it is does not get blackened.