Sometimes you get bored with the normal stuff and want to try something new not knowing what is going to be the output.This is one such try out. Shweets is not a big fan of Cauliflower and I need to prepare an alternative veggie when I prepare any curry using it. Recently I read recipe in Pazham Papaddam Payasam about finely chopping broccoli. Thought of making the same with Cauliflower. This was a good and different recipe.
I overdid the chopping part and end up naming it as Shredded Cauli Masala. I was watching (starring??) shweets playing in the yard and left the pulse on for a longer time. Anyways it turned out good. It can be used as a side dish for rice or chappati.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Serves - 4
Cauliflower - 1/2 floret
White Onion - 1 no
Tomato - 1 no
Garlic - 4 pods
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 pinch
Crushed Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 no
Salt for taste
Oil - 2 tsps
- Wash, separate and dry the cauliflower florets.
- Using the chopping blade in a food processor, finely chop the florets.
- Finely chop the onion, tomatoes.
- Slice the garlic to thin pieces.
- Heat oil, add cinnamon followed by onion, garlic, curry leaves and saute until it turns translucent.
- Add tomatoes and saute well until it is just cooked.
- Add chilly powder, garam masala, salt and cook until oil separates in medium flame.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and mix well.
- Sprinkle little water and cook until vegetable is cooked.
- Add crushed pepper when veggie is 3/4th cooked.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with rice or chapati.