After a special weekend lunch, I had a little mutton left and wanted prepare something spicy out of it.I normally make mutton chukka by adding potatoes to increase the quantity.I was in no mood to do it and wanted to prepare something different and thought of other vegetable options and ended up with Bell Pepper.It is definitely a good combo and a good party recipe.This goes well with rice and roti.
Mutton - 1/2 lb
Bell Pepper - 1 no
White Onion - 1 no
Tomato - 1 no
Garlic Cloves - 5 no
Ginger - 1" piece
Green Chilly - 2 no
Cinnamon - 1 piece
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala - a pinch
Salt for taste
Olive Oil - 2 tsp
- Wash and cut the mutton to medium size pieces.
- Cut onion and tomato lengthwise. Crush the garlic and ginger.
- Pressure cook mutton for 2 whistles with a little onion, tomato and 2 garlic cloves, turmeric powder, slitted green chilly, curry leaves and little salt.
- Heat oil, add cinnamon, fennel seeds in medium flame.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and saute until raw smell is gone in low flame.
- Drain the mutton and add it to the pan and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the mutton from the pan and keep aside.
- Add the remaining onion and saute for 2 min, add tomato followed by chilly powder, garam masala, salt (remember the salt added for cooking mutton).
- Add the bell pepper and saute well, add the mutton broth and allow the vegetable to cook.
- Add the mutton back and saute well and cook for additional 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and Serve hot.