I really have a tough time when I don't prepare the dosa batter during weekends. I need to hunt for dinner recipes which is really a challenging task. This recipe falls into such a category. Mixed Lentil Adai is a fusion of Pesarattu and Adai.We liked this a lot and I even prepared this batter for this week along with the usual dosa batter.
It needs some soaking time.I just soaked after I came back from work and ground it during dinner time. Should be around 4 hrs.Moong dal requires more soaking time.But it got ground well. It will be better to soak Moong Dal overnight.There is no need to ferment this batter. I topped it with sauteed onions and served with Spicy Tomato Chutney and Tangy Mango Thokku.Surely a keeper !!!!
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Serves - 4
Toor Dal - 1/2 cup
Channa Dal - 1/2 cup
Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
Yellow Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
Urad Dal - 1/2 cup
Red Chilly - 6 - 8 no
Salt for Taste
Oil for Adai
Onion - 1 no (optional)
- Wash and soak the dals for about 4 hrs. Moong Dal requires more soaking time(I soaked it only for 4 hrs).
- Grind the soaked dals into a coarse batter along with salt and red chillies.
- Add little water and mix well until it reaches adai consistency (slightly liquid-ish).
- Heat tawa, pour a little of the batter and spread it to a thick circle.
- Saute finely chopped onions in 1/2 tsp oil and sprinkle a little of it in all of it.
- Pour little oil on the sides of the adai and cook in medium flame.
- Once it is cooked flip the adai and cook the other side.
- Serve Hot with your favorite chutney.