This is a spicy dish from our kitchen.Yet another Sunday afternoon special. I planned to make chicken gravy,but MK wanted something different along with the gravy. We used the chicken out of the gravy and made this spicy chicken side dish. It really tasted great. Must Try !!!!
After removing some pieces from the gravy for the chukka, we just added coconut milk, coriander leaves and prepared the gravy..two in one..Had a wonderful lunch followed by a boring movie...absolutely no logic :-(
Chicken - 1 1/2 lb
Red Onion - 2 1/2 no
White Onion - 1 no
Tomato - 3 no
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper Corns - 10 - 15 no
Cinnamon - 2 no
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt for Taste
Oil - 4 tsp
- Wash and cut chicken into medium size pieces.
- Finely chop red onion,2 tomatoes and curry leaves. Cut white onion and 1 tomato lengthwise.
- Dry roast pepper corns and grind it to a coarse powder after cooling for sometime.
- Heat 3 tsp oil, add cinnamon and fennel seeds in medium flame.
- Add red onion, curry leaves and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste in low flame and saute until raw smell is gone.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and mix well and cook until oil separates.
- Add chicken and mix well until masala is well coated on it. Add little water and cook in closed state.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tsp oil in a non stick pan, add the white onion and saute well, add tomatoes, little salt and saute for few mins. Make sure they don't get mushy.
- Once the chicken in gravy is almost cooked, remove some pieces suitable for chukka along with some gravy and add it to the non stick pan.
- Add the ground pepper powder freshly chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves and saute well.
- Dry it in the pan in medium flame. Serve Hot.
This dish makes it's way to Umm Mymoonah's Iftar Moments Hijri 1431 event.