This is healthy chicken recipe. I loved this a lot..Sometimes we get bored of our normal routine and want to try something new and of course it should be filling..can't get up in the middle of the night. I had bought chicken breast to try out a different dish which I'm planning for ages. I tried this recipe dinner with some mild soup and it was too good. Very less oil and inclusion of favorite veggies made it a instant hit.
I'm not a big fan of adding veggies to non veg dishes. Would normally oppose when MK suggests adding potato into fry items. But will do it only when it is a big crowd. But Bell peppers and Mushrooms are good choices ans made a good combo with the Chicken.
Chicken Breast - 2 no
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Curd - 2 tsps
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Salt for taste
Bell Pepper - 1 no
Mushrooms - 8 - 10 no
White Onion - 1 no
Tomato - 1 no
Basil Leaves - 1 tsp
Crushed Pepper - 1 tsp
Salt for taste
Olive Oil - 1 tsp
- Wash and cut chicken into medium size pieces.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, curd, lemon juice salt to the chicken pieces and marinate for 1 hour.
- Cut the Bell pepper, Onion, Tomato as julienne strips.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and cut into halves.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil spray very little oil.
- Place the marinated chicken on the dish leaving space between each piece.
- Bake for about 10 min. Flip the chicken into the other side and cook for another 10 min.
- Meanwhile in a nonstick pan, heat oil, add onion,salt, bell pepper, mushrooms, tomato one after other after sauteing each for about 1 min.
- Once the vegetables are 3/4th cooked add the dried basil leaves, crushed pepper and keep it closed state in low flame.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the baking dish and add it to the vegetables.
- Mix well and leave it closed state for about 5 - 7 min. Mix the contents for every 2 min.Serve Hot with Soup of your choice.