After a "not so interesting week" I was just bored in the evening not knowing what to do..Wanted to do something interesting..one thing I had never tried doing is to cook entirely in a microwave. Always wanted to try it..but never got a chance to do it !! Inspired by Srividhya's 5 in 1 halwa thought of doing something similar and prepared the Apple Banana Halwa.
It was so easy and Shweets loved it a lot. She did not even wait for me to take a picture was trying to put a finger into the halwa.She was going on asking what was this and badly wanted to taste it..So I just settled down with what I clicked and served it to her.As I'm not a great sweet lover I just had a spoon and it was too good. Hunting for more microwave recipes.
Apple - 1 no
Banana - 1 no
Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
Oats - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cashew - 10 no
- Wash, peel and dice the apple into medium size chunks.
- Cut banana into medium size pieces.
- Add the apple, banana, wheat flour, oats, cardamom powder and milk to a blender and grind it to smooth paste.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add ghee and place in the microwave for about 20 secs.
- Add the ground paste to it and microwave at high for 5 min. Stir the contents after 2 min.
- Add sugar and mix well.Microwave for 5 min. Keep stirring every 2 min.
- Add the cashews and microwave for additional 5 min.
- Serve warm.