When we went for monthly grocery shopping to COSTCO these jumbo shrimps caught our eyes. We were having a dilemma between the shrimp and King crab..I have not cooked crab till now and had tasted it only once till now. As it was very expensive, did not want to take any risk and settled with the shrimp. Normally we make gravy or thokku with the shrimp but this jumbo needs to FRIED !!! Anything that to be fried will be handed over to MK.It tasted so good and everyone loved it.. Worth trying !!!!
Bigger the shrimp easier it would be to de-vein it. Cleaning is a very important task when we plan to cook shrimp. To de-vein, use a small, sharp knife and make a small slit on the back of the shrimp and pull out the black vein like stuff. Clean well in cold water for at least 5 times. One more thing, my MIL always says not to give shrimp to kids below 5. It might cause some digestion problems in them.
This is sent to the CWS - Pepper event guest hosted by Padma of Padma's Recipes and started by Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes
Jumbo Shrimp - 10 - 12 no
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 3/4 tsp
Pepper Corns - 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Red food color - a pinch (optional)
Yogurt - 1 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Salt of taste
Oil for frying
- Remove shells, de-vein and clean the shrimp. Pat dry to remove any water.
- Place the shrimp in a vessel and add chilly powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, crushed pepper corns,ginger garlic paste, salt, yogurt, lemon juice.
- Mix the food color in drops of water and add it to the shrimp.
- Marinate for about 1 hour.
- Heat oil, carefully place the shrimp in the oil and take out when it is golden brown.
- Place fried shrimps on a tissue to remove excess oil.
- Transfer it to serving plate and garnish with fresh coriander and fries chillies !!!