This one is a different dry dish which MK made yesterday. When I was preparing dinner he was making this dish and I was really doubtful on what he was doing. But did not question him as normally the final outcome of his cooking would be tasty. As expected or should I say more than what I expected, it tasted awesome and turned out be a great side dish. It is a different combination which I had never tried before.He made it using our electric griddle with very less oil . I simply loved the color and taste and enjoyed eating it... It's surely a must try dish !!!
Plantain - 2 no
Egg Plant (lengthy ones) - 2 no
Onion - 1 no
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Soy Sauce - 1/2 tsp
Jalapenos - 1 no
Lime Juice - 1tsp
Salt for taste
- Cut the plantain into two halves and microwave it for about 5 mins sprinkling little water and salt.
- Now the outer green layer can be removed easily. Cut the plantain into thick circles
- Cut the eggplant into thick circles and onion into desired shape.
- Place the plantain and egg plant pieces in a vessel and add the chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt (remember the amount you added to cook the plantain) and mix well until they are well coated.
- In a griddle or pan, sprinkle little oil and place the pieces and roast it carefully. Sprinkle water now then to make sure they are not too dry.
- When the vegetables are 3/4th cooked add the onion, chopped jalapenos and saute everything together.
- When it is cooked add the soy sauce, lime juice and saute for few minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Serve Hot.