Bhajji or Fritters is a easy to make evening snack that can be enjoyed with tea or coffee. After office we were tired and badly wanted to have something spicy..no mood for cookies or anything of that sort.So we went through our pantry and found the besan flour pack, at once decided to prepared this and totally enjoyed it.
This recipe can be made with onions, potatoes and Chillies.We made chilly bhajji's too..but did not last long.Crispy Onion Bhajji is sent to the Healing Foods - Onion event started by Siri and guest hosted by Priya of Priya's Easy N and Tasty Recipes.
Onion - 2 no
Potato - 1 no
Besan Flour - 2 cups
Corn Flour - 3 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Salt for taste
Oil for deep fry
- Cut the onions and potatoes into thin slices.
- To a bowl add besan flour, corn flour, turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt.
- By adding water slowly, mix all ingredients into a little watery paste.
- Heat oil and carefully drop the onion and potato slices after thoroughly dipping into the batter.
- Fry in medium heat until it turns golden brown.
- Remove excess oil using tissue and Serve hot with spicy chutney.