We were hunting for something to munch with our evening tea and we did not have anything interesting.So we decided to make Vegetable Puffs...ok ok MK decided to make it. It was totally done by him.I was searching for puff pastry sheets for about 3 weeks in all the grocery stores I normally shop. But never found it.Finally I found it in Publix and happy that I can make the pie I was planning for a long time. He had an eye on my sheets and used it to make the puffs. hmmm I was so angry but after tasting the puffs I was totally moved and forgave the puff pastry sheet stealer...
The sheets were real good. We used the one from Pepperidge farm. Cost of it was around 4.65$ and it had 2 big sheets.Out of 1 sheet we..sorry..he made 6 puffs. I think it will be great party recipe....You can make any kind of stuffing.We are planning to make chicken or egg puffs soon..
He left the puffs 2 minutes extra in the oven and it had a black tinge. So make sure you take it out when its golden brown. But the taste was so good..
Sending this to Festive Food: His Cooking Event hosted at Indian Khana
Puff Pastry Sheets - 1 no
Carrot - 2 no
Beans - 15 no
Potato - 1 no
Peas - 3/4 cup
White Onion - 1 no
Tomato - 1 no
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt for taste
Oil - 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets for about 40 min or as mentioned in the pack.
- Finely chop the vegetables and microwave for about 4 min.
- Heat oil, add cumin seeds, finely chopped onion and saute until onion turns translucent.
- Add tomato and saute well.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Add the veggies and sprinkle some water and allow it cook.
- Once the veggies are cooked garnish with chopped coriander.
- Puff Pastry sheet would be a single big sheet. Place it on a floured surface and cut into equal halves. Out of each half you can make 3 puffs.
- Place 2 spoonfuls of stuffing inside inside each rectangular piece (made out of each half) and close it.
- Brush oil on top and bake for about 10 - 12 min or until turns golden brown.
- Serve Hot with tomato sauce.