Hurray its Friday !After 5 looonggg days in the Grey World will get to see some colors for the next 2 days.I will be busy shopping for the next 2 days for Shweets B'day.Hoping to have fun in the sun.Also eagerly waiting for Mom's parcel from India..hmm dresses for the party.So this weekend theme "Less Cooking More Shopping"....
Coming to the recipe..this gravy is easy to make and can be served with Rice, Idly, Dosa etc., I normally prepare a more complicated (meaning I grind fresh masala) version. But I was kind of tired and wanted to cook something simple. I will share the original version soon.
Tomato Gravy makes its way to Cooking with Seeds - Cardamom event hosted by Priya. Along with this I'm also sending my Peas Pulao, Coriander Chicken Dry, Mushroom Briyani.
Tomato - 4 no
White onion - 1 no
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 piece
Cardamom - 2 no
Salt for taste
Oil - 2 tsp
- Wash and cut the tomatoes to medium size pieces.
- Puree the tomatoes along with chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil, add cinnamon, cardamom in medium flame.
- Add finely chopped onion, curry leaves and cook until onion turns translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell is gone in low flame.
- Add the tomato puree, salt , water until desired consistency and cook in closed state.
- Once oil separates, Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve Hot.