I truly feel guilty that my post count per week has gone down. I never realized it until my Mom asked this during my weekend call.My bad..though I prepared I variety of dishes and took pictures did not have the time to blog about it. I prepared this dish for lunch and served it with Rasam rice and people loved it.
I normally prefer to use the Spinach the day it is bought. Those dishes surely has added taste. This is one of my favorite dishes and it is kid tested. It's easier to feed them when spinach is mixed with a vegetable they love !!
Spinach Potato Curry is sent to Preethi's Green Gourmet event along with Kovakkai Roast, Bitter Gourd Curry
Spinach - 2 cups
Potato - 2 no
Onion - 1 no
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urid Dal - 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 3/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Grated Coconut 4 tsp
Salt for taste
Oil - 2 tsp
- Wash, Peel, Boil and dice the potatoes into medium size pieces.
- Heat oil, add mustard, cumin seeds, urid dal in medium flame one after the other.
- Add finely chopped onion, curry leaves and cook onion until turns translucent.
- Add the potatoes followed by turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt and mix well and cook for 5 min.
- Add the spinach leaves and mix well.
- When the vegetable is done add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Serve Hot with rice item.