There are some days when you will not be allowed to eat Non Veg but will be craving to eat it.This dish will come as a savior on those days. Back in India my Mom would impose a lot of rules about eating non veg, normally we would switch to mushrooms as she will not budge. Mushroom Chops goes along well with rice, chappati, dosa and what not.
This recipe was from my Mom, she had read it in a cook book. I got some fresh Jumbo Mushrooms in Costco and wanted to prepare this. I had served them with chappati for dinner and enjoyed with rasam rice the next day.Try and Enjoy.Happy Weekend !!!
Mushrooms - 8 - 10 no
Onion - 2 no
Tomato - 2 no
Cardamom - 3 no
Fennel - 1/4 tsp
Coconut milk - 1/4 cup
Salt for taste
Oil - 3 tsp
Garlic Cloves - 6 no
Ginger - 1 big piece
Fennel - 1/2 tsp
Cumin - 1/4 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Grated Coconut - 3 tsp
Red Chilly - 5 no
- Wash cut the mushrooms to medium size pieces.
- Microwave the mushrooms for about 4 min by sprinkling little water.
- Grind the garlic, ginger, fennel, cumin, pepper, grated coconut, red chillies to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil, add cardamom and fennel in medium flame.
- Add onion, curry leaves and saute till onion turns translucent.Add tomatoes and saute well.
- Add the ground masala, salt and cook in medium flame until oil separates.
- Add mushrooms, 1/4 cup and allow the it to cook in closed state.
- Once mushrooms are cooked add the coconut milk and cook in open state.
- Saute until the mixture is semi liquid-ish as shown in pic.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and Serve Hot.