I'm getting kinda busy and not able to post the same day I make the dish. I had prepared this 2 weeks back for my daughter. So it is kid tested and was a great success..she had one dosa extra.Whenever I cook something for shweets I make sure I add cumin and pepper corns as they help to cure cold. Constant climate changes causes the kids to get affected with cold quite often.This really helps...
Also this dish also helps in the 5210 rule...info from blendcentralmn.org.
5 - Eat 5 or more vegetables a day
2 - Restrict TV and Computer time to 2 hrs
1 - Make it a habit to have atleast 1 hr of moderate physical activity
0 - Say no to soda's, sugar sweetened drinks
I think it is very important to integrate these healthy habits at early ages. Our childhood was totally different TV was just reserved for Oliyum Oliyum, Sunday movie, He-Man etc..But now they are happy watching TV the whole day.When I say no to TV my 3 year old says "Mommy its boring". We try to keep her busy in other activities and make sure she does not get addicted to TV.Trying our best !!!!!
This simple dal curry is cooked with Yellow Moong Dal, Vegetables with a mild seasoning. Goes well with Chapati, Idly, Dosa etc.,and is sent to Cooking with Seeds - Cumin event hosted at Sara's Corner started by Priya .Also makes its way to Suma's Delicious Dals from India event hosted at Veggie Platter
Moong Dal 1 1/2 cup
Carrot - 1 no
Beans - 10 no
Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Potato - 1 no
White Onion - 1 no
Tomato - 1 no
Garlic Pods - 4 no
Green Chilly - 2 no
Pepper corns - 5 no
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt for Taste
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onion - 1/2 no
Ghee - 1 tsp
- Wash and add the moong dal to a pressure cooker.
- Add chopped, onion, tomatoes, carrot, beans, peas, potato to the dal.
- Add green chillies (Cut the ends or split it),turmeric powder, garlic pods, pepper corns, salt required amount of water, and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Heat ghee, add mustard, cumin seeds, and allow it to splutter.
- Add onion, curry leaves and saute until onion turns translucent.
- Transfer the seasoning to the dal and boil for 2 min.
- Serve Warm with Chapati or Dosa.