This is a great Chicken Side dish which goes on well with any rice item.I got this recipe from a cooking column in a magazine long time ago.It was named as GONGURA chicken,but there was no sign of gongura in it.I was little doubtful about grinding the whole bunch of coriander leaves into a paste.Finally it turned out to be a different dish..of course it tasted great.
If you want it more spicy add chilly flakes at the end which would also create a good color combo.We normally do this so that Shweets can have a less spicier version.
Chicken - 1/2 lb
Onion - 1 no
Tomato - 1 no
Green Chilly - 5 no
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 big bunch
Cinnamon - 2 no
Clove - 1 no
Cardamom - 2 no
Salt - for taste
Oil - 3 tsp
- Wash and cut chicken into small pieces.
- Grind the coriander leaves,mint leaves, green chillies into a coarse paste.
- Dry roast the cinnamon, clove, cardamom and grind it to a powder.
- Heat oil, add fennel seeds in low flame.
- Add finely chopped onion and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell is gone.
- Add finely chopped tomato, salt, ground powder and saute well.
- Add the green paste and allow it to cook in medium flame until oil separates.
- Add chicken and mix well so that the masala is well coated to the chicken.
- Cook the chicken in medium flame. Once it is cooked increase the flame allow it to dry.
- Garnish with finely chopped curry leaves.