Never went out for 3 days.In my earlier post I said we enjoyed watching movies over the weekend. But when I just did only that I got so tired.Nowadays after watching so many English movies we are able to guess the ending in no time.So for a change watched some Tamil Commercial Movies and must admit I really enjoyed it.
Had no Idly batter so I had to hunt for some dinner recipes. My people are so choosy and would not agree if I just cook something.Opened my fridge,pantry and was gazing at the groceries thinking what to do, saw 2 new packs of bread (MK had got it) when we have not finished the one we had bought earlier. Suddenly got reminded for Priya's Tandoori Bread Masala..decided to prepare it.But I had no Tandoori Masala in stock.So I googled some recipes for tandoori masala powder, but they were not easy to prepare. So I used chilly powder and called it Bread Masala. People at home loved it a lot.Thanks Priya !
Bread - 10 slices
White Onion - 1 no
Big Tomato - 1 no
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Green Chilly - 2 no
Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Bay Leaves - 2 no
Clove - 2 no
Cardamom - 2 no
Salt - for taste
- Cut the bread into cubes. Preheat the oven to 425 F and bake the bread cubes for about 10 - 12 min until the bread turns golden brown.
- Chop the onion and tomato length wise.
- Heat oil, add the bay leaf, clove, cardamom in medium flame.
- Add onion and saute it turns translucent.
- Add green chilly followed by the ginger garlic paste and cook until raw smell is gone.
- Add tomato and mix well.
- Add the cumin powder, garam masala, chilly powder, coriander powder, salt and cook well until oil separates.
- Add the baked bread cubes and mix well. Allow it cook for some time so that the masala is well coated on the bread.
- Garnish with mint leaves and Serve Hot.