Banana Bread is one of my favorites..At my office cafeteria they serve delicious banana bread slices for breakfast and I eventually started to love it. Last week I had been to Apple barn and tasted the Apple Banana bread out there and fell for it. Decided to make it at once.
This week it was raining heavily in our place and never got a chance to go out. So perfect time for baking something..prepared this bread and enjoyed our weekend with a lot of movies.
All the ingredients mentioned below will yield a loaf out of a 9*5*3 loaf pan.You can also use walnuts instead of pecans. The bread was really good and enjoyed every bite of it. This bread can be refrigerated and served later by just placing the slices in the microwave for about 10 secs.
All purpose flour - 1 3/4 cup
White granulated sugar- 3/4 cup
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Eggs - 2 no
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup
Ripe Bananas - 3 no
- Preheat oven to 350 F and place the rack in middle of the oven.
- Butter the pan and dust it with a little of the all purpose flour and set aside
- Place the pecans on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 min and coarsely chop them. If they are already chopped toast for about 4 min.
- Melt and cool the butter.
- In a large bowl, Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nuts and set aside.
- In another bowl, add eggs and slightly beat them
- Add the cooled butter, vanilla extract, mashed bananas to the egg and mix well.
- Now carefully fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a wooden spatula.
- Do not over mix. Just mix until the flour is moistened. Over mixing leads to rough and rubbery bread.
- The batter should be thick.
- Scrape the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 55 - 60 min.
- Bake until it is golden brown color. Check if a tooth pick comes out clean to make sure the bread is done.
- Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from pan. This is done so that air circulation happens at the bottom of the pan so that bread does not get soggy.
- Serve Warm.