Aloo Mutter is a North Indian side dish suitable for Roti, Naan etc., I had 3 packs of frozen peas sitting in my freezer. MK justs gets one whenever he goes for grocery shopping without knowing whether we have used last week's stuff :-(. So after preparing Peas Pulav, Vegetable Briyani etc., I thought of making this side dish along with naan. People at home enjoyed it.
We can add a little cream to make the gravy have a restaurant touch. I did not add any sort of milk or cream but the taste was good. Try and enjoy !!!!
Aloo Mutter is sent to CWS - Cumin seeds event hosted by Sara started by Priya.
Potatoes - 4 no
Peas - 1 cup
Onion - 2 no
Tomato - 2 no
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Green Chilly paste - 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Red food color - 1 pinch (optional)
Kasoori Methi Leaves - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Salt for taste
Oil - 3 tsp
- Wash, Peel, Boil and Dice the potatoes into medium size pieces.
- Add 1 tsp oil, saute the onion until it is translucent and puree it.
- Heat oil, add cumin seeds in medium flame.
- Add onion puree followed by curry leaves.
- Add ginger garlic, green chilly paste in low flame and saute until raw smell is gone.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt in medium flame and cook until oil separates.
- Add the potatoes, peas and mix well. Mix the red color in drops of water and add it to the gravy.
- Add 1 cup water and smash some of the potatoes to make the gravy thick. Gravy needs to be semi liquid-ish.
- Once oil separates crush the kasoori methi leaves and sprinkle on the gravy.Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and Serve Hot.