After a slightly manageable three months..in which I completed most of the things in my to do list which includes creation of this blog, I'm back to square one with long work hours. I wanted to post something today and went through my draft items and found this Spicy Potato Fry. It is a super easy recipe and great side dish for any sort of rice item. Love this one with curd rice yumm...
Of course this recipe is for newbie's and not for the expert cooks out there :-)
Potato - 3 no
Onion - 1 no
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Salt for taste
Oil - 3 tsp
- Wash , peel and then cut the potatoes into medium size pieces.
- Cut the onions lengthwise.
- Add the chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt to the potatoes and mix well and keep aside for 15 min.
- Heat oil, Add the mustard seeds in medium flame.
- Add the curry leaves followed by the onions and saute until golden brown.
- Add the potatoes and mix well. Allow the vegetable to cook in medium flame.
- Scrape the bottom of the kadai once in a while so that it does not get burnt.
- Once the potatoes are cooked slightly increase the flame and allow it get dried.
- Serve Hot with rice.