Croquette is a small fried food roll containing usually mashed potatoes , and/or minced meat or vegetables as main ingredients. It is cylindrical in shape and deep fried.Potato Cashew Croquettes is a vegetarian appetizer made of mashed potatoes, onion etc., It can either be deep fried or cooked on a griddle. I prefer the healthier version and sprayed little oil and cooked it in a griddle though the original recipe instructed to deep fry the croquettes. Try whichever version suits you the most.
Got this recipe from my Mom.When I had called her this weekend.She had read this is in a magazine.I liked this one a lot and wanted to try it.We hunt for different veggie recipes for potlucks.Normally in our potlucks Non vegetarians get a good feast..as the number of vegetarians in our gang in below five we just cook something simple for them. Sorry people !!When I tried this recipe felt like it will be good starter for them.Need to make it for the next event.
Potato - 4 no
Pearl Onion - 10 no
Green Chilly - 2 no
Red Chilly - 7 no
Corn Flour - 4 tsp
Cashew - 10 no
- Finely chop the pearl onions, green chillies, curry leaves.
- Grind the red chillies into a paste by sprinkling a little water.
- Mix the onions, green chillies, curry leaves, red chilly paste, salt,corn flour to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Heat 1/2 tsp ghee and roast the cashews until golden brown and add it to the potato mixture.
- For Deep Fry - Make small croquettes out of the mixture and drop it in the oil.
- fry until it is golden brown.
- For Griddle - Heat 1 tsp oil in kadai transfer the mixture and cook it for about 5 min.
- I did this to reduce cooking time on the griddle.When mixture is warm make small croquettes out of the mixture and place it on the griddle. Spray little oil on them and cook carefully.
- Place the cooked croquettes on a tissue to remove excess oil.
- Serve Hot with tomato sauce.